Sweet Potato Curly Fries
by Pru Gibson | April 9, 2014 4:35 am
Ever wondered how to make curly fries or zucchini noodles? Well the Spirooli is what you need!
The Spirooli has 3 interchangeable blades – 3mm which produces spirals similar to angel hair pasta, 5mm for fettucini thickness and the chopping blade which produces a flat spiral. Best of all it is very easy to use and just as easy to clean.
These blades allow you to play with zucchini, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, apples … the possibilities are endless.
Needing only sweet potato, coconut oil and your choice of organic herbs and spices you can make your own Sweet Potato Fries. So so easy!
This is all you need to do….
- Sweet potato
- Coconut oil
- Organic herbs and/or spices
- Turn oven on to 180°C
- Take the Spirooli and push down onto bench. The suction cups will hold it nicely in place to prevent slipping.
- Take the 5mm blade and pop into place.
- Peel sweet potato and place it up against the blade bringing the handle into place at the other end and start making your curly fries.
- Place spiralised sweet potato into large bowl.
- Choose your organic herbs/spices and sprinkle over bowl. I personally like to use cinnamon with some Himalayan crystal salt. **
- Take a really good tablespoon of coconut oil and liquefy then tip over curly fries and herbs/spices in bowl and coat well.
- Place curly fries onto lined oven tray and pop into oven til crisp and golden.
** Some other good spice combos are:-
- Organic rosemary and Himalayan crystal salt (HCS)
- Cinnamon, sweet paprika, cumin and HCS
- My absolute favourite is cinnamon, sweet paprika, cumin and turmeric with HCS.
- coconut oil: https://www.shopnaturally.com.au/coconut-oil-palm-sugar.html
- organic herbs: http://www.shopnaturally.com.au/organic-herbs-seasoning-himalayan-salt-pepper.html
- [Image]: https://www.shopnaturally.com.au/chef-avenue.html
Source URL: http://thehealthyfoodie.shopnaturally.com.au/sweet-potato-curly-fries/
Copyright ©2018 The Healthy Foodie